We've just developed a comprehensive two-week emergency food supply list and meal plan. It took a bit of time, so today will be the big shop day to stock up.
We are going to cycle through the stockpile to ensure that food is not wasted and is used within its use by/best before dates. When the day-to-day pantry is low, we will use from the stockpile first and then replenish the stockpile to keep it current and within dates. Because we also do a lot of camping/festivals, we will first use items in the stockpile and then replenish asap.
Whether it be a bushfire emergency, earthquake, pandemic or storm, the past few months have clearly shown that you really don't want to get caught out with insufficient food and water.
Although it is unlikely to happen here, the reality is that quarantine measures can literally be implemented overnight, as what happened in Italy this week - overnight.
So, let's avoid supermarket panic buying, plan ahead and have a sensible stockpile that is useful day-to-day and sustainable.
And, if you question the need for why such a food supply should be necessary, good luck!
Here are two documents that might be helpful:
1. Sample food supply list, references & links and sample menu plan based on that.
2. Spreadsheet tool that helps with distributing the supplies across breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
MORE TO COME SOON!
The markets have been bungling along in fairytale land for quite some time. I'm surprised it took this long for the markets to react significantly.
The danger in COVID-19 is that it may be a precursor that weakens the host immune system and increases susceptibility to an evolution from COVID-19, or some other new pathogen, that requires a particular level of host susceptibility and the right environmental conditions for it to be lethal.
There are some interesting factors here that bear similarity to the "Spanish Flu" which killed 50 - 100 million people. COVID-19 will not be that type of virus, but something else could emerge which does.
Prevalence of human coronaviruses in adults with acute respiratory tract infections in Beijing, China
Is Covid-19 a precursor virus rather than the main event?
Antibody against nucleocapsid protein predicts susceptibility to human coronavirus infection.
The identification of a new coronavirus now named Covid-19:
Recovered patients may still be contagious and transmit Covid-19:
A person showing no symptoms can pass the coronavirus to others:
Misreading the story through numbers:
The other night, I talked briefly about time with a friend. I know that it might have seemed a bit crazy when I said "everything has already happened".
It is a very strange and bizarre concept and it is quite difficult to explain.
However, I've listed below a range of different links to videos and articles about this concept.
I also mentioned a couple of banned TED Talks. Links to these are at the bottom of this list.
Now, you may ask, what does language, morphic resonance, ESP and Time have to do together??
They are all connected, and explained better than I can by a range of amazing academics (mostly physicists). These are not a bunch of "crazy" pseudo scientists delving into woo woo land. These are mostly verified academics, scientists and technicians who have questioned existing science dogma to research much of what we already intuitively know may be happening despite it's seeming contradiction with the mainstream narrative about time.
1. Fay Dowker: Past, Present and Future: The Science of Time (Fay Dowker did her PhD with Stephen Hawking)
2. Physics suggests that the future has already happened
3. The block universe theory, where time travel is possible but time passing is an illusion
4. New controversial theory: Past, present, future exist simultaneously
5. Why does time only move forwards?
6. TIME is not real - it is a human construct to help us differentiate between now and our perception of the past, an equally astonishing and baffling theory states
7. There are lots of interesting features in other languages, some of which English would really benefit from having: Time-independence, clusivity, absolute direction, and evidentiality
8. TED "Bans" the Science Delusion
9. Russell Targ’s Banned TEDTalk about Psychic Abilities
10. The ESP trainer developed under a NASA program by Russell Targ at Stanford Research Institute
11. Monroe Institute